***Please do not appear for Court if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has also tested positive for COVID-19. Please email the Court at Court@JohnsCreekGA.gov regarding your court date and time if you have been affected by COVID-19 and cannot appear at your hearing.
As you know, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to the Georgia Supreme Court’s Emergency Judicial Order, Johns Creek Municipal Court has reset all cases previously scheduled for March through June 2020.
As we work to put new procedures in place, we hope that you understand that these changes are not meant to inconvenience you but rather to help ensure that everyone who enters our City Hall and Courtroom has the opportunity to handle their judicial matter safely and efficiently.
View Municipal Court proceedings online
Please view the Municipal Court Order (dated Aug. 23, 2021) [PDF]
Please be advised that the Court will continue with social distancing to help maintain a safe, effective, and efficient experience:
- Due to social distancing guidelines, seating in the Courtroom is limited. Therefore, seats have been reserved for the person who received the citation. Defendants under the age of 21 may bring one (1) parent or guardian to attend the Court hearing with them, but please be advised that this is not required by law. Otherwise, we ask that you not bring additional support persons with you during this time.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout City Hall and the Courtroom.
- The Courtroom will be sanitized between Court sessions.
- As a safety precaution, please do not bring infants or children to Court. If childcare is an issue, please contact the Court at 678-512-3444 or email the Court at Court@johnscreekga.gov to request a one-time Courtesy rescheduling of your case.
- If you are a non-English speaker and require the services of an interpreter, please email the Court at Court@johnscreekga.gov or call the Court at 678-512-3444 and leave a message. You must contact the Court prior to the date and time noted on the enclosed notice to allow Court personnel time to reschedule your hearing to a date where an interpreter will be available to assist you.
- All Court participants must be checked in by Court security personnel. Court times have been staggered, and you will be allowed to check in at the security check point only a few minutes before your scheduled Court time. Court security will not allow a Court participant in the Courtroom before his/her scheduled Court time. If you arrive late and/or miss your Court date and time, you will be referred to the Clerk’s Office so your case can be rescheduled for a new Court date in the future.
- Please bring your rescheduled notice with you to Court.
- The use of your own personal mask is encouraged within the Courtroom.
- The City Prosecutor is reviewing most cases before the scheduled Court date for possibilities of reductions of the charge. Email the Clerk’s Office at Court@johnscreekga.gov in the weeks prior to your scheduled Court date to check if your case has a Prosecutor’s recommendation. You may be eligible to pay your citation(s) without coming to Court. Please include your full name and citation numbers in the email.
- In some cases, appearance in Court is still mandatory.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the Court has up-to-date information such as your current mailing address, phone number and/or e-mail address for future correspondence.
What to expect if you fail to appear in Court:
- Failure to appear in Court or pay your citation prior to Court may result in a warrant being issued and your driver’s license submitted to the Georgia Department of Driver Services for suspension.
- Most citations can be paid online at www.johnscreekga.gov or via the automated phone system by calling 1-844-299-6427.
- In the event you are sick or do not feel comfortable appearing in Court, please contact us at 678-512-3444 or email us at Court@johnscreekga.gov, and we will make other alternatives available to you.
Please stay safe and we look forward to serving you.