The Fire Marshal is responsible for fire code enforcement, fire inspections and investigation of fires within the City for origin and cause.
The Fire Marshal's mission is to protect the lives and property of everyone in the community by proactively providing the highest level of customer service in:
- service call response
- fire & safety prevention education
- fire & life safety inspections of buildings & structures
- plan review for new construction, sprinkler systems & fire alarms
- fire investigations
- enforcement (with Building division) of building regulations
This office works closely with the Building division in Community Development to assure compliance with the fire code.
In addition, every establishment in the City that sells alcoholic beverages is required to have an inspection by the Fire Marshal on an annual basis, prior to renewal of their Alcohol License. New establishments must be inspected before the Alcohol License can be issued.
See the following pages for more information about these Fire Marshal responsibilities:
- Knox Rapid Entry System
- Plan Reviews (including Fire Alarms, Fire Hoods, Interior Finish, Site Review, Sprinkler Systems, and Wet Chemical Systems)
- Request Fire Report