Code Compliance focuses on compliance with all city codes and ordinances that may affect the City's quality of life, its aesthetics and the welfare of its citizens. They address a wide range of issues that affect the environment, health, safety, property values and general well-being of Johns Creek.
Code Compliance's objective is to educate and guide the community into compliance.
Code Compliance also ensures:
- residential and commercial properties are properly maintained
- trash and debris are disposed of
- inoperative / junk vehicles are not illegally stored
- signs are not illegally posted
- outside storage is prohibited
- high grass and weeds are prohibited
About Code Compliance:
- The Code Compliance Division operations are overseen by the Community Development Department.
- Code Officers work to maintain the safety, quality, and appearance of our city by enforcing local ordinances and property maintenance codes.
- The Code Compliance division is responsible for location and correcting code violations within the city limits. The two main areas of focus for the division are residential violations and commercial violations.
- We work with residents, neighborhood associations, businesses, and other city departments to ensure that the City of Johns Creek is the best place to live, work, and play in Georgia.
- Our work encourages community pride, preserves neighborhood integrity, and protects the public health, safety, and welfare as well as maintaining and even increasing property values.
- We provide education to the community about city codes and ordinances.
- We are comprised of two code compliance officers and an administrative assistant.
- We provide the citizens of this community with quality inspections of potential code and ordinance violations in a responsive, courteous way.
View the City Code
for information pertaining to: