HomeQuickLinks ­ FAQs ­ Revenue FAQs

Revenue FAQs

How do I get a City license or permit?

All licenses and permits can be obtained at Johns Creek City Hall, 11360 Lakefield Drive, Johns Creek, GA 30097. City Hall is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. For general questions regarding permits and licenses, please call 678-512-3200.

What is the Business Tax?

The Business Tax is a tax levied by the city on persons, partnerships, corporations or other entities for engaging in an occupation, profession or business within the City for the purpose of raising revenue.

What is a Business Tax Certificate?

The Business Tax Certificate serves as a business license and is issued following receipt of full payment of the occupation tax and verification that the applicant has satisfied other requirements specified by law, such as State licensure, zoning requirements, etc.

How do I apply for a Business Tax Certificate?

Complete the Business Tax return for a new business and submit to the Revenue Division with full payment of taxes and fees. If your business is required to have a State of Georgia license, we will need a copy of the state license(s).

Do I need a Business Tax Certificate?

If you are operating a business within the City of Johns creek and have a location or office within the City, you must pay the occupation tax within 30 days of commencing business in the City, or by March 31 if your business was in operation the preceding calendar year.

Do I need a Fulton County license if I am in the City of Johns Creek?

No, you are only required to obtain a business license or pay for the occupation tax to the governing local jurisdiction. If the business is located in Johns Creek, you would apply to the City only. If the business is located in unincorporated Fulton County, you would apply to the County only.

Can I start my business before applying for a Business Tax Certificate in the City?

Yes, you have 30 days from the start of business to obtain a Business Tax Certificate.

How do I apply for a new alcohol license in Johns Creek?

Prior to selling alcoholic beverages in the City of Johns Creek, new businesses or owners must apply for and obtain an alcohol license. To apply, you need to complete an Alcohol License application and submit it to the Revenue Division at City Hall. After meeting the application requirements and approval is granted by the Mayor and City Council, the City will issue the applicant a license authorizing the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages in the City. All licensees are required to complete an approved alcohol awareness training class within 30 days of the issuance of their alcohol license.

How do I renew my alcohol license in Johns Creek?

Existing license holders will receive a renewal application in the mail, which is due by November 15 of each year. Renewal applications received between November 15 and December 15 are subject to a 10% late filing fee. Businesses failing to renew their license by December 15 must reapply for a brand new license (at full fee). Contact Revenue by phone at 678-512-3200 or email Revenue if you have not received your renewal application by October 15 or need additional information.

How do I apply for an Alcohol Pouring Permit?

Complete the Employee Pouring Permit application and submit it to the Revenue Division with a valid US Government issued picture ID, $30.00 payment and proof of completion of an approved alcohol awareness training class. The training class must be completed within 30 days of applying for the permit.

What forms of payment does the City accept?

Cash, check, cashier's check, money order and credit card (MasterCard and Visa).