May 18, 2021
The City of Johns Creek and Keep North Fulton Beautiful are hosting a Bulky Recycling and Clothing Collection on Saturday, June 5 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at City Hall (11360 Lakefield Drive).
The event is for Johns Creek residents only and requires pre-event registration. Attendees must provide a valid photo ID that displays your address. No businesses or contractors, please.
Pre-register here for the event
. The registration deadline is Thursday, June 3, or when attendee capacity is reached, whichever comes first. REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON SITE.
CDC recommended guidelines will be followed for the health and safety of our workers, volunteers, and residents.
- Bikes in ANY condition: Your great to good-conditioned bike will be donated to a kid in need of a new set of wheels through Free Bikes for Kidz Atlanta. Bikes that have seen better days will have their parts salvaged to build a new bike for a new kid, or will be recycled.
- Clothing: Clean, good-condition clothing. (Must be placed in a tied bag, no shoes, belts, or hard items in bag with clothing).
- Shoes, belts, and small working appliances in good condition (Must be placed in a taped-up box)
- Large appliances: refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, residential A/C units, ovens, stoves, stovetops, dehumidifiers, wine coolers and microwaves.
- Electronics: cell phones, computers (monitors and towers), computer accessories, CRT and LCD televisions, batteries (No alkaline i.e. single use "A," "AA," "C," etc. batteries; these can be safely thrown away in the trash)
- Bulky metal items: grills, lawn furniture, scrap metal, file cabinets, and lawn mowers (empty out fuel responsibly before bringing to our event)
- Home medical equipment in good condition: wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower seats, etc. These will go to our medical equipment collection unit and will be used by another individual in need. No sharps, prescriptions, or used tubing.
- Fluorescent lights (tubes and curly CFLs)
- F.O.G. (cooking fats/oils/grease only - NOT automotive oil or lubricants)
- In addition, Habitat for Humanity will be onsite and will accept the following:
- Building materials—must be in excellent condition
- Doors—damage free
- Trim –must be 6’ or longer
- Unused lumber—over 6; only
- Cabinets—must be in near perfect condition
- Flooring, Tile--Will not accept less than 4 boxes of the same item.
- Furniture—must be in excellent, like new condition--no upholstered furniture
- Coffee/end tables
- Filing cabinets
- Cabinet knobs
- Door knobs/deadbolts
- Electrical hardware
- Plumbing hardware
- Floor/table lamps
- Hanging chandeliers
- Plumbing supplies
- Toilets—must be spotlessly clean, and low flow, marked 1.6 gallons or less
- Small double and single hung windows only-no bay windows or large windows
- NO Medical waste or needles/ sharps
- NO Ammunition or explosives
- NO Pharmaceuticals
- NO Sports or exercise equipment
- NO Waterbeds
- NO Vacuum cleaners (The cord can be cut off and recycled with electronics, but the vacuum cleaner itself will not be accepted)
- NO Fluids or gasses: (motor oil, anti-freeze, gasoline, propane, fire extinguishers etc. We will hold a separate event for these items at a later date.)
- NO Construction or demolition materials (except what Habitat will accept—see list)
- NO Yard debris
- NO Household trash
- NO Glass or mirrors
- NO Tires
- NO Carpets, rugs, or carpet pad
- NO Box springs or mattresses (although you can cut out the metal springs from the mattress and take the springs only to scrap metal).
- NO Baby items
- NO Alkaline batteries (all others OK)
- NO Incandescent or LED lights (fluorescent only)
*If these items are in good condition, we suggest donating these items to Craigslist, Freecycle, or your local NextDoor or Buy Nothing group (on Facebook).
**If building and construction materials are in good condition, consider donating them to Lifecycle Building Center of Greater Atlanta.
Pre-register, expect delays, and arrive well before 1 p.m. to ensure that you will be able to participate in our event before closing time.
Do you have items that are not suitable for recycle or reuse?
Speak to your waste hauler to learn about their waste solutions (check the side of your trash collection bin to find yours).
Visit Keep North Fulton Beautiful’s website for Frequently Asked Questions about the event: