September 01, 2020
Recycle clothing, small furniture, home medical equipment and other hard-to-dispose-of large items at Johns Creek’s “Bulky Items Recycling Day” on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Target / Home Depot parking lot, 5950 State Bridge Road, Johns Creek.
New this year: Please wear a mask, keep a safe distance from workers, and be prepared to unload your vehicle with little or no assistance.
The event, for Johns Creek residents only (confirm address here
), will accept the following items for recycling/reuse:
Please do NOT bring the following items:
- Appliances: refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, residential A/C units, ovens/stoves/stovetops, dehumidifiers, wine coolers, microwaves
- Electronics: cell phones, computers & accessories, televisions, batteries (No alkaline i.e. single use "A," "AA," "C," etc. batteries please; these can be thrown away in the trash)
- Metal items: bicycles, grills, lawn furniture, scrap metal, file cabinets, lawn mowers
- Home medical equipment: wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower seats, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes and CFL’s (compact fluorescent lights)
- F.O.G. (cooking fats/oils/grease only - NOT automotive)
- Glass & Jars (Clean food grade only)
- The following items – in good reusable condition only, will be collected by American Kidney Services:
- Men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing
- Shoes and accessories
- Working electronics like televisions, CD players, and DVD players
- Cookware and serving utensils, silverware and glassware
- Small appliances
- Decorative items
- Small furniture in excellent condition
- Books, toys
- No furniture that is torn, stained, broken or structurally unsound, mattresses, box springs
- No office furniture, pianos, game tables, large entertainment centers*
- No carpet/rugs, exercise equipment, waterbeds*
- No playpens, strollers, car seats
- No paint or household hazardous waste; or any fluids including motor oil and anti-freeze
- No construction and demolition materials*
- No yard debris, household trash
- No tires
Please speak to your private waste hauler about items that are not suitable for recycling or reuse.
*If they are in good condition, Keep Johns Creek Beautiful suggests donating these items on Craigslist, Freecycle, NextDoor, or to Habitat for Humanity.
For more information, call 770-551-7766
, or email email@example.com
, or visit Keep Johns Creek Beautiful’s websit
Expect delays and please arrive well before 1 p.m.