Getting around Johns Creek
Johns Creek is located (see area map):
- 30 miles northeast of the city limits of Atlanta
- 10 miles west of Interstate I-85
- 25 miles northeast of Interstate I-75
- 28 miles north of Interstate I-20
- 8 miles east of Ga 400, a major north-south "Hospitality Highway" from the North Georgia mountains to downtown Atlanta
Major thoroughfares (see street network with signals (1.4 MB)):
- Ga. 141/Medlock Bridge Road
- State Bridge Road
- Jones Bridge Road
- Old Alabama Road
- McGinnis Ferry Road
- Abbotts Bridge Road
MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority): a heavy rail system with a feeder bus operation and park-and-ride facilities, to/from various points in Metro Atlanta, including Buckhead, midtown and downtown Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, approximately 40 miles away.
There is no MARTA station in Johns Creek. The closest stations are 15-20 miles away:
- Doraville (approx. 15 miles) – 6000 New Peachtree Road, Doraville, GA 30340.
- North Springs (approx. 20 miles) – 7010 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30328.
The closest park-and-ride facility is:
- Mansell Road (approx. 8 miles) – southwest corner of Mansell Road and Ga. 400 in Alpharetta, GA.
Xpress: a suburban commuter coach service to the MARTA station in Doraville and transfer to other areas of Metro Atlanta, including Hartsfield/ Jackson Atlanta Airport.
Taxis: a number of private taxi companies based in Alpharetta and Duluth service Johns Creek.
Airport Limousine Service: private limousine transportation to/from Johns Creek and Hartsfield/Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
All MARTA rail cars and stations, along with most buses, are accessible to the elderly. Eligible senior citizens can travel at all times on the bus and rail systems for half the fare, using a Half Fare Breeze card. For more information, call 404-848-5112.
Senior citizens may be eligible for assistance with ambulatory and non-ambulatory essential transportation to and from home and medical and therapy appointments from Senior Services North Fulton. Senior Services North Fulton is located at 490 Sun Valley Drive, Suite 202, Roswell, GA 30076. Phone: 770-993-1906
All MARTA rail cars and stations, along with most buses, are designed with special features to accommodate disabled riders.
MARTA offers Half Fare Breeze cards to persons with disabilities and Medicare cardholders. The card allows you to travel at half the regular fare at all times on both the bus and rail systems. For more information, call 404-848-5112.