HomeBusinesses ­ Fees & Taxes

Fees & Taxes

Property Taxes

The Fulton County Board of Tax Assessors is responsible for valuing all real and personal property within Fulton County, including property within the City of Johns Creek.

taxes and feesAll property owners in Johns Creek pay property taxes to both the City of Johns Creek and Fulton County. Property owners receive one bill each year from the Fulton County Board of Assessors, which includes Johns Creek property taxes.

Johns Creek and Fulton County offer homestead exemptions for property owners in Johns Creek.

The Fulton County Board of Assessors can be reached at: 404-612-6440 or by mail at: Fulton Board of Assessors, Suite 1047B, 141 Pryor Street, SW Atlanta, GA 30303.

Other Taxes

Sales Tax

Fulton County's sales tax is 7.75 percent, collected on all retail sales except food. This includes a four percent statewide sales tax, one percent MARTA tax, one percent education tax, one percent local option tax and .75% TSPLOST tax.

Business Tax Certificate

All businesses and professional practitioners must register within 30 days of commencing business in the City and obtain a Business Tax Certificate. The amount of tax is based on the receipts, profitability, employees and an administrative fee, with renewal due by March 31 of each year. 

Excise Taxes

The City levies excise taxes on alcohol sales and room rentals (hotel/motel sales), payable on or before the 15th of each month based on the previous month's receipts.


Alcohol license fees, pouring permits

All businesses in Johns Creek that sell alcoholic beverages (retail, wholesale or by the drink) must have an Alcohol License; please refer to the Revenue Fee Schedule.

Building permit fee

A building permit is required to legally begin construction of defined building projects in the City. Please refer to the Community Development Fee Schedule.

Land disturbance fees

Land Development Permit fees are assessed by determining project valuation for clearing, installation of infrastructure, inspections, NPDES fees, scanning and administrative fees. Please refer to the Community Development Fee Schedule.

Planning & Zoning fees

The City charges a fee for the administrative work required to issue various planning and zoning permits. Please refer to the Community Development Fee Schedule.

Sign permit fees

A permit is required before the installation of a new commercial sign or change in size or dimension of a pre-existing commercial sign. An administrative and a valuation (size and type) fee are assessed. Please refer to the Sign Permit Application and associated Sign Guidebook.