Focused on parks, recreation facilities, conservation and greenways, the City's Green Plan was adopted as Appendix C with the Comprehensive Plan 2030 in 2008. Public input for the plan resulted in six key areas of concentration:
- Conservation of environmentally sensitive areas;
- Designation of parkland in future commercial developments and redevelopment;
- Emphasis on greenway safety, especially crossing of busy streets;
- Focus on quality of parks and recreation facilities rather than quantity;
- Availability of additional neighborhood parks; and
- Better public access to/along the Chattahoochee River.