June 15, 2018
Recycle clothing, furniture, home medical equipment and other hard-to-dispose-of large items at Johns Creek’s “Bulky Items Recycling Day” on Saturday, June 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Target / Home Depot parking lot, 5950 State Bridge Road, Johns Creek.
The event, for Johns Creek residents only (confirm address here
), will accept the following items for recycling/reuse:
- Appliances: refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, residential A/C units, ovens/stoves/stovetops, dehumidifiers, wine coolers, microwaves
- Electronics: cell phones, computers & accessories, televisions, batteries (please place alkaline, i.e. single use "A," "AA," "C," etc. batteries in a separate container/bag from other batteries)
- Metal items: bicycles, grills, lawn furniture, scrap metal, file cabinets, lawn mowers
Home medical equipment: wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower seats, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes and CFL’s (compact fluorescent lights)
- F.O.G. (cooking fats/oils/grease only - NOT automotive)
The following items – in good reusable condition only, will be collected by American Kidney Services:
- Men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing
Shoes and accessories
- Working electronics like televisions, CD players, and DVD players
- Cookware and serving utensils, Silverware and glassware
- Small appliances
- Decorative items
- Drapes and linens
- Small furniture
- Books, toys
Please do NOT bring the following items:
- No furniture that is torn, stained, broken or structurally unsound, mattresses, box springs
- No office furniture, pianos, game tables, large entertainment centers*
- No carpet/rugs, exercise equipment, waterbeds*
- No playpens, strollers, car seats
- No paint or household hazardous waste; or any fluids including motor oil and anti-freeze
- No construction and demolition materials*
- No Yard debris, household trash
- No tires.
Please speak to your private waste hauler about items that are not suitable for recycling or reuse.
*If they are in good condition, Keep Johns Creek Beautiful suggests donating these items on Craigslist, Freecycle, or to Habitat for Humanity.
For more information, call 770-551-7766
, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit Keep Johns Creek Beautiful’s website
Expect delays and please arrive well before 1 p.m.