July 29, 2016
Clubhouse Fitness is adding line dancing and movement yoga to its September-October lineup of fun ways to get fit.
Line dancing, a choreographed form of popular dance incorporating a repeating sequence of steps identically performed by lines of dancers, doesn’t require dancing experience. The instructor will break down popular steps and build on them each week.
Monday Movement Yoga starts with a focus on breathing and eases into dynamic movement and postures. The class encourages proper alignment of the body and is designed to bring balance, strength and calm to the practitioner. Monday Movement is perfect for both starting a new practice and enhancing an existing one. It is open to all levels.
The line dancing class supplements the more common fitness programs of Yoga, LeBarre, Zumba and Pilates.
Sign-ups begin Aug. 1 and end Aug. 26. Classes for the 7 week session cost $44 for residents and $66 for non-residents, while the 8-week session cost $50 for residents and $75 for non-residents. Classes start the week of Sept. 6.
Classes at held at the Newtown Community Clubhouse, located inside Newtown Park, 3150 Old Alabama Road, Johns Creek.
Register for classes here
2016 Sept/Oct Clubhouse Fitness Session
7-8 week classes.
The week of Sept. 6, 2016 (no classes Monday, Sept. 5 – Labor Day).
The week of Oct. 24, 2016.
7 weeks session: $44 residents/$66 non-residents.
8 week session:
$50 residents/$75 non-residents.
2016 Sept/Oct Session - Class Schedule
- Monday 6:15 p.m. – Monday Movement Yoga.
- Thursday 6:15 p.m. - Slow, Flow & Stretch Yoga.
- Friday 8:15 a.m.– Friday Fitness Flow Yoga.
- Sunday 11 a.m. – Fitness Yoga.
- Monday 11:30 a.m. – Zumba.
- Wednesday 9:30 a.m. – Zumba/Zumba Step.
- Saturday 9 a.m. – Zumba.
- Tuesday 10:30 a.m. – Pilates with Props.
- Wednesday 6:15 p.m. – Pilates Fusion.
- Tuesday 6:15 p.m. – LeBarre.
- Thursday 10:30 a.m. – LeBarre.
- Saturday 11 a.m. – LeBarre.