March 27, 2015
Give a second life to furniture, home medical equipment and other hard-to-dispose-of large items at Johns Creek’s “Bulky Items Recycling Day” on April 18 at Alcon Laboratories in Technology Park.
“’Bulky Items Recycling Day’ is a way for people to get rid of large items, such as furniture, appliances and electronics and help others at the same time,” said Johns Creek Solid Waste Manager James Swope. “However, there are some not suitable for recycling or reuse, and people need to talk to their private waste hauler about collecting those.”
People can also bring used home medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds and crutches, to be donated to Friends of Disabled Adults and Children. Gently used clothing and shoes will be donated to needy families.
The event – for Johns Creek residents only – is hosted by the City of Johns Creek and Keep Johns Creek Beautiful and runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Alcon Laboratories, 11460 Johns Creek Pkwy
. Expect delays and please arrive well before 2 p.m. Reusable items will be donated to charity.
The following items accepted in any condition:
Appliances: refrigerators, washers, dryers
- Electronics: cell phones, computers & accessories, televisions
- Metal items: bicycles, grills, lawn furniture, scrap metal, file cabinets, lawn mowers
- Home medical equipment: wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower seats, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes and CFL’s (compact fluorescent lights)
- F.O.G. (cooking fats/oils/grease)
The following items – in good reusable condition only – accepted:
- Clothing and shoes that are clean and in good condition
- Bed frames, dressers, chests, armoires, mirrors, night stands, TV stands
- Dining tables, chairs, buffets, hutches, china cabinets, coffee/sofa/end tables
- Cribs, changing tables, highchairs, sofas, loveseats, armchairs, ottomans, lamps
- Kitchenware, linens, working microwave ovens
Please do NOT bring the following items:
- Furniture that is torn, stained, broken or structurally unsound, mattresses, box springs
- Desks, office furniture, pianos, game tables, large entertainment centers
- Toys, carpet/rugs, exercise equipment, pet equipment, waterbeds
Window treatments, carpeting, playpens, strollers, car seats, paint or household hazardous waste; or any fluids Including motor oil and anti-freeze, construction and demolition materials, yard debris, household trash, tires.
For more information, call 770-551-7766
, email Keep North Fulton Beautiful
or visit their website