August 05, 2015
Qualifying for Johns Creek’s election to fill City Council Posts 2, 4, 5 and 6 will be held Monday, Aug. 31 through Wednesday, Sept. 2.
The upcoming Nov. 3 election will include a special election in conjunction with the general election.
The special election will be held to fill:
- Post 2 to fill the unexpired term of Brad Raffensperger (term expires Dec. 31, 2015)
- Post 5 to fill the unexpired term of Kelly Stewart (term expires Dec. 31, 2017)
The general election will be for:
- Post 2: Four year term (term expires Jan. 31, 2019)
- Post 4: Four year term (term expires Dec. 31, 2019)
- Post 6: Four year term (term expires Dec. 31, 2019)
Designation must be made by the candidate as to which term of office they are seeking when qualifying for Post 2.
Residents interested in qualifying should come to the City Clerk’s Office at Johns Creek City Hall, 12000 Findley Road, Suite 400, between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Each candidate must meet the qualifications of the City Charter and Code of the City of Johns Creek, as well as all applicable state and constitutional laws. All candidates should be familiar with the Georgia Ethics in Government Act.
The polls are open on Tuesday, Nov. 3 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Polling locations within Johns Creek can be viewed here.
Any questions should be directed to Joan Jones, City Clerk at 678-512-3200