HomeNews & Events ­ News Archive ­ Help ensure streetlights are working in time for Halloween

Help ensure streetlights are working in time for Halloween

September 25, 2015

StreetlightProtect our young trick-or-treaters this Halloween by reporting burnt-out or malfunctioning streetlights to City Hall.

Electric companies own the streetlights, but the City of Johns Creek can readily determine which company owns particular lights and can pass on the information efficiently. If a streetlight is out in your neighborhood, please fill out this short online Service Request form for the City to share with the utility company.

"An unlit streetlight can be a potentially dangerous situation on a dark night, especially when combined with traffic and excited kids,” said Public Works Director Tom Black. “Well-lit streets help keep children safe while they’re trick-or-treating.”

He added that the City pays the utility companies for electricity to power the lights whether the lights are working or not.

A couple of tips:

Wait until dark to make sure a light is malfunctioning; 
Provide as much location information as possible on the form, such as an intersection, the nearest address, which electric company serves you, and, if possible, the pole number embossed on the light pole.

For questions or more information, email Utility Coordinator Kevin Dye or call him at 678-512-3200.