April 26, 2014
Recycle furniture, home medical equipment and those hard-to-dispose-of large items as well as sensitive documents at Johns Creek's "Bulky Items Recycling Day" on May 17 at Alcon Laboratories, 11460 Johns Creek Parkway, Johns Creek.
"'Bulky Items Recycling Day' is a way for people to get rid of large items, such as furniture, appliances and electronics and help others at the same time," said Johns Creek Solid Waste Manager James Swope. "However, there are some not suitable for recycling, and people need to talk to their private waste hauler about collecting those."
A commercial document-shredder will also be present to dispose of old or sensitive records on-site, with a 10-box limit. For the first time, people can bring used home medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds and crutches, to be donated to Friends of Disabled Adults and Children
. People can also bring used clothing to be donated to needy families.
The event – for Johns Creek residents only – is hosted by the City of Johns Creek and Keep Johns Creek Beautiful, and runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 11460 Johns Creek Parkway. Expect delays and please arrive well before 2 p.m. Reusable items will be donated to charity.
The following items accepted in any condition:
- Appliances - refrigerators, washers, dryers, cell phones, computers & accessories
- Televisions, bicycles, grills, lawn furniture, lawn mowers with fluids removed
The following items – in good reusable condition only – accepted:
- Bed frames, dressers, chests, armoires, mirrors, night stands, TV stands
- Dining tables, chairs, buffets, hutches, china cabinets, coffee/sofa/end tables
- Cribs, changing tables, highchairs, sofas, loveseats, armchairs, ottomans, lamps
- Kitchenware, linens, working microwave ovens, shoes that are clean in good repair.
Please do NOT bring the following items:
- Furniture that is torn, stained, broken or structurally unsound, mattresses, box springs
- Desks, file cabinets, office furniture, pianos, game tables, large entertainment centers
- Toys, carpet/rugs, exercise equipment, pet equipment, tires, waterbeds, light fixtures,
- Window treatments, carpeting, playpens, strollers, car seats, paint or household hazardous waste; any fluids Including motor oil and anti-freeze, construction and demolition materials, yard debris, household trash, tires.
, email firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit Keep North Fulton Beautiful