Newtown Dream Dog Park
Newtown Dream Dog Park, one of the top dog parks in the country, is located inside Newtown Park toward the front entrance. It is a fenced one-acre area featuring artificial turf, sprinklers for dogs to play in, obstacles to play on, plus water fountains for people and pets. It offers separate areas for large and small dogs, along with benches, shelters, and shade trees.
Dog waste bags are provided and all dog owners are required to clean up after their dogs (see rules below).
Inside Newtown Park
3150 Old Alabama Road
(across the street from Fire Station #63)
Johns Creek, GA 30022.
- One acre
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Artificial turf
Sprinklers around a spraying hydrant
- Bridge, hoops, tunnels
- Water drinking station for dogs and people
- Walking trail
- Dog waste bags
The dog park received a $500,000 facelift compliments of the first Beneful® WagWorld Dream Dog Food contest won by Johns Creek resident Pat McNeely and his dog, "Koda." The redesigned park opened June 15, 2011.
Newtown Dog Park Rules
- The dog park is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Use of the Dog Park is at your own risk. You are responsible for your dog and any injuries caused by your dog.
- All dogs must wear a collar with a valid license and have current vaccinations required by law.
- Please be considerate and dispose of your dog's waste in the receptacles provided.
- Dogs must be under control and supervision of their handler at all times.
- If your dog becomes aggressive, please leash the dog and exit the park immediately.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gates must be closed after entrance and exit.
- Puppies under four months and female dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Food (human and dog) and glass containers are not permitted.
- Cats strictly prohibited.