Planning & Zoning
In partnership with the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals and the Mayor and City Council, the Planning & Zoning division strives to enhance the quality of life in Johns Creek through:
thereby increasing the desirability of Johns Creek as a place to live, work, and visit.
Planning & Zoning reviews all plans to ensure proposed development and land use meet the criteria for zoning, setbacks, buffers, and other regulations to ensure orderly and quality growth and development.
Other Planning & Zoning Functions
- Answer public inquiries regarding zoning, special uses, buffers, development regulations, master plans and land use.
- Review plans for compliance with zoning, the Zoning, Subdivision regulations, City Code and other applicable requirements.
- Review and approve Administrative Variances, Land Use Petitions (rezoning, use permits and concurrent variances) and Variance Applications.
- Review and issue Banner, Sign and Fence permits.
- Process Event applications (including film/special events and 5Ks).
- Provide zoning certification letters.
- Prepare staff analysis for public hearing applications.
- Prepare public hearing information and/or packets for the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Council.
- Prepare legal ads, post properties and mail notices for public hearings.
- Master meeting minutes for Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.