News & Events
Mayor Bodker often speaks to local and regional civic organizations about issues that affect the City or Metro Atlanta, with its 10 counties and 66 municipalities. He also enjoys spending time with local schools and businesses.
If you would like Mayor Bodker to make a presentation to your organization, participate in a local event, or read to your class or school, please contact Karen Negri in his office at 678-512-3327.
Mayor Bodker sworn in as president of the Georgia Municipal Association
June 28, 2015
- Johns Creek Mayor Mike Bodker was sworn in as the 83rd president of the Georgia Municipal Association (GMA) on June 28 in Savannah. The ceremony took place during GMA's annual conference. Watch the Mayor's swearing-in ceremony and speech here
Mayor speaks to Ocee Elementary Student Council
Mayor Mike Bodker spoke to the Ocee Elementary School Student Council at its final meeting for the school year. The mayor spoke about the importance of service in the community.
Ribbon Cutting - Virtual Realty
May 20, 2015 -
Mayor Mike Bodker and the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce welcomed Virtual Realty to Johns Creek during its ribbon cutting May 20.
English Conversational Class tours City Hall
May 6, 2015
- The City of Johns Creek hosted 24 participants of Northview High School's English Conversational Program. The group, comprised of parents of Northview students and exchange teachers. The program covers American culture and the trip to City Hall allowed them to learn more about where they live and how their government works. The field trip included a tour of City Hall offices before meeting with Mayor Mike Bodker.
Ribbon Cutting - The Estates at Johns Creek
April 15, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker and the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce attended the ribbon cutting at The Estates at Johns Creek.
Ribbon Cutting - All Inspired Boutique
March 20, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker and the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce welcomed All Inspired Boutique to Johns Creek during the store's ribbon cutting celebration.
Mayors for Meals
March 17, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker and Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann delivered a meal to a local senior citizen on March 17, as part of the national program "Mayors for Meals." The program highlights Meals on Wheels and other senior services.
Mayor & City Council recognize Commissioner Hausmann
March 16, 2015
- The Johns Creek City Council recognized Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann at its March 16 meeting. The privileged resolution recognized Hausmann's service to the community as a Fulton County School Board member, inaugural member o fhte Johns Creek City Council and current position serving as Fulton County Commission.
Pictured are City Councimember Steve Broadbent
, Councilmember Bob Gray
, Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann
, Councilmember Cori Davenport
, and Councilmember Lenny Zaprowski
Ribbon Cutting - Another Broken Egg
March 12, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker joined the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce at the ribbon cutting of Another Broken Egg in Johns Creek.
Ribbon Cutting - Bikes+Life
March 11, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker joined the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce at the ribbon cutting of Bikes+Life in Johns Creek.
Ribbon Cutting - Palm Casual Patio Furniture
March 11, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker joined the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce at the ribbon cutting of Palm Casual Patio Furniture in Johns Creek.
Ribbon Cutting - Pollo Tropical
Feb. 27, 2015
- Mayor Mike Bodker and Mayor Pro Tem Steve Broadbent joined the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce at the ribbon cutting of Pollo Tropical in Johns Creek.
Feb. 20, 2015
Special Event - Ringling Bros. Circus
— Several Johns Creek families with special needs attended the Ringling Bros. Circus on behalf on the Metro Atlanta Mayors Association and Gas South. Families enjoyed visiting with performing and watching the show.
Ribbon Cutting - Mount Pisgah's Geier Hall
Jan. 11, 2015 — Mayor Mike Bodker and City Councilmembers Lenny Zaprowski, Cori Davenport, Bob Gray and Steve Broadbent helped cut the ribbon at Mount Pisgah Christian School's Geier Hall. its grand opening in Johns Creek.
Ribbon Cutting - Piece of Cake
Jan. 8, 2015 — Mayor Mike Bodker and Councilmember Steve Broadbent joined the Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce as Piece of Cake celebrated its grand opening in Johns Creek.