The Fulton County School System provides a number of public education options for high school-aged (9th-12th grades) Johns Creek residents, including:
- Four* high schools located in or immediately adjacent to Johns Creek.
- An Alternative High School in Roswell.
- Three Charter Schools focused on Information Technology, Arts & Science and the International Baccalaureate Program. All are short driving distances from Johns Creek.
- a Virtual Campus.
Alternative High School
Ombudsman - North Fulton Campus is a place where students who have been expelled from their home middle or high school can attend school in a structured and nurturing environment supported by involved and committed staff.
Ombudsman - North Fulton Campus (NWLC)
791 Mimosa Boulevard
Roswell, GA 30075
Charter High Schools
A charter school is a public school that operates according to the terms of a charter, or contract, that has been approved by a local board of education and the State Board of Education. The charter school may request waivers from provisions of Title 20 of Georgia state law and any state or local rule, regulation, policy, or procedure relating to schools in the school district. In exchange for this flexibility, the charter school is bound by contract to be held accountable for meeting the performance-based objectives specified in the charter.
North Springs Charter High School is a public secondary school located in Sandy Springs, Georgia. It is the only Arts and Sciences magnet school in Fulton County.
Riverwood International Charter School, centrally located in Sandy Springs, offers both the International Studies Magnet and International Baccalaureate Programs to students from the entire school district.
Fulton Schience Academy High School, located in Alpharetta approximately one mile from Johns Creek, provides a technology enriched high school curriculum in a small learning community. It has a strong focus on state-of-the-art information technology systems in course work.
Fulton County School System's Virtual Campus offers students flexibility with scheduling by offering online courses that can be taken anytime, anyplace and at any pace.
It is designed for students who:
- have scheduling conflicts, are hospital/homebound, or traveling athletes;
- want to fast-track their education, earn a Dual Diploma or College Prep Diploma with Distinction, or recover credit for courses not adequately completed; and
- want enrichment courses or career/tech, magnet and joint enrollment opportunities.